Monday, May 12, 2014

Modesty In Church

Picture
      Now that the weather is getting warmer, I have noticed that clothing is starting to disappear at church. This past Sunday I saw a young teenage girl in a long tube top dress, multiple young girls in tiny tank tops, tiny sundresses and shorts that are very short. But I also see boys and men in tank tops and shorts. I see them walk in with people who I assume are their parents that seem well dressed and I wonder if they realize what they let their daughter/son walk out of the house in that for church. And yes I said "let" because a child has no business wearing that and should be monitored by their parent. Most parents I have heard say that they let their child express themselves or they don't want to argue with them. No..... Your children can express themselves other ways and its your job as a parent to teach your child modesty and not to be their best friend.

      Too many parents are not taking an active parental roll in their child's lives and want to be "friends" with their children. Being a parent there are so many things I know I will be responsible for influencing my daughter such as modesty.Teaching her that showing off her body is not going to attract the right attention nor make her feel any better about herself

     All I could think about was that girl with the tube top stepping on the front of her dress while going up for communion and it getting pulled down....nightmare.
    
      At least lets understand how essential modesty is in Church. I read an article the other day how some churches want to get a dress code and are appointing a person from the church to stand in the front of mass to hand out shawls for women who wear revealing clothing. The Vatican does it why not every church?

1 comment: