Saturday, May 10, 2014

App of the Month - Confession: A Roman Catholic App

This Months app in the spotlight is:

Confession: A Roman Catholic App
This app makes examining the conscience so easy and deeper then I could do on my own. It was especially useful when I was preparing for confession for the first time in 20 years after my faith was renewed.
You can create your own profile and password so that no one can see you information. It will also ask you the date of your last confession. Once you log in you can see the 10 Commandments listed and you can go through each one in depth checking off your sins. For the iPhone there is also a counter for the sins.
When finished examining the 10 Commandments there is also a little box at the end for a Custom List to add your own questions for more personal examination.
Now you will be ready to go to confession. ( I let the priest know I was using this app on my phone just so he didn’t think I was texting or playing a game and he had no problem with it)
It will walk you thought the first prayer and letting you know how long it has been since your last confession. On the next screen it will have all the sins that you had marked from the examination of your conscience.
Once finished, it will have the Act of Contrition for you as well in case you don’t know it. You will also be asked if you would like to set up a reminder for confession. I like to go once a month and it sends me an alert every month to remind me.
This app also has a great extra tab for prayers. It has different versions of the Act of Contrition, which you can set any one as your default, and it also has traditional players for you such as the Apostle’s Creed and Memorare.
I highly recommend this app. It gets a 5 out of 5 star rating from me. I used to be so worried about my confessions like I was forgetting something , but ever since I bought this app I have no worries about my confessions.
The best thing about this app is the price tag: $1.99 – so worth it!
Requirements:
Compatible with iPhone, Android, iPad and iPod touch.
Available on iTunes, Android Marketplace and Amazon.

No comments:

Post a Comment