Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Don't Let God Be Just A Trend

     I love having reminders in my home such as the portrait of Jesus over my desk when I write or the crucifix on my wall to remind me that Jesus died for me. I also enjoy wearing my wooden saints bracelet and crucifix to remind me to live my life the way God would want me. I have these things not as a fashion statement but as a reminder to myself of God's love and its a wonderful feeling having Him closer to me.

     But now people are making him a fashion statement with no regard for religious meaning. Rosary's are now becoming only a piece of jewelry and the symbol of the cross is becoming a print on fabric. These are some of the clothes I saw in our mall the other day in the window of the Charlotte Russe store. One of the shirts is even see though so you can see a woman's bra, and the dress is very short on the model. Don't even get me started on modesty again!
PicturePicture
      Rosary's are one of the most popular fashion statements right now according to fashion world of Vogue. The Rosary was stated to be seen as one of the best of the jewelry trends of 2013. Trend? God does not deserve to be trend, which means once this trend is over He will be replaced with something better. We should never replace God, for there will be nothing better!

       People are saying that the use of a rosary and the cross are not disrespecting God. But the Rosary and the image of the cross are 2 of the most wonderful things we have in our faith. Some cultures especially Mexican, tend to wear their rosary's around their necks but do so spiritually and not as a fashion statement. Nuns and monks have worn them as cinctures for centuries. There is nothing wrong with wearing a rosary as long as you believe and use it for God, not as just a piece of jewelry.

      Following this "trend" are people in the music industry that a lot of the younger generations look to for fashion. Now don't get me wrong these people might have a religious belief but have you ever seen them doing anything for God such as actually praying the Rosary they wear? So why am I to believe based on their personal lives that are so publicized that they actually believe in what they are wearing?
Picture
Picture
     I have never worn a rosary as a necklace but there are many other ways to wear one, such as a bracelet and even rings. Like the Rosary they are all okay to wear as long as you are wearing them for God. God wants you think about him all the time and if this is how you are reminded then that's amazing. A lot of people who wear them as a fashion statement probably don't  realize what they are actually wearing and how powerful it can be and we should see that Jesus is in them and pray for them to find Him.

PRAYER FOR THOSE WHO
DO NOT KNOW CHRIST
Lord Jesus! You, Who in the most bitter moments of Your passion showed an ardent thirst for souls, grant that we may share in this thirst. Give us the light to grow in the knowledge of Your word and grant us strength so that, by collaborating in preaching this word at every moment of our lives, we may bring to You, through Your holy Church, and the intercession of Your holy Mother, innumerable souls who live far from the truth. Grant this so that with You, through You and in You, they may be reconciled to the Eternal Father, in union with whom, together with the Holy Spirit, You live and reign forever and ever.

Amen.

(Then, say one "Our Father" for those who do not know Christ.)

God Bless

No comments:

Post a Comment